Friday, April 10, 2015

The First Shall Be Last... AKA Madilyn.

I think I could write a very long, no one needs to know that much of a novel about Madilyn.  Most likely because she has been around the longest, apparently 14 months of no Bo makes a big difference.

Anyway, I think the best way to describe our relationship would be Frienimies.  The girl loves to "be just wike you mama", but also has more sass than I can handle.  She is only 3 and tries to talk her way out of everything. But then again sometimes she puts all the shoes in the basket without asking and I am just floored.  Jordan also reminds me that according to stories from my family she is a carbon copy of me.  I happen to know I was a real delight. 

Madilyn is a really good big sister.  To Tucker. To Bo she is a pretty alright sister.  She loves to hold Tucker, can calm him down long enough till I can come help, pick out clothes, all sorts of great things.  She tell us all the time how cute he his and how much he loves her.

She really loves to help, not always helpful, but wants to try.  I try to remember that by learning now she will be helpful one day.   Mainly she likes to help meal prep and somehow disappears when it is time to clean up. But sweeping, she shows up for that game.

She is my little narrator, she gives a step by step dialog, 67% of the time in song, of her every move.  She also wants verbal conformation along the way.  And not just a yep or right, but a " yep, you sure are putting away your shoes", if you don't she will just repeat and repeat until you do.

She remembers everything, like tonight she asked Jordan if he remembered the butterfly they saw while driving the water truck over the summer. The other morning I was awoken to her biting a carrot right in my face claiming, " Mom, da sun is up! Now I get to eat my carrot." She had asked for a carrot at bed the night before and I said something about having one in the morning.

She loves vegetables. Lots. Like will you please eat some heavy carbs for lunch instead of 4 pieces of celery and a carrot.

She likes to have her turn saying the prayer at dinner. Sometimes she needs word for word help, and other nights she says things like , "pwease bwess mama to learn to take me to school". 

She's one good first born and we love her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...