Monday, April 27, 2015

I say birthday, you say party

I turned the big 25 in April.
A couple of weeks ago Jordan asked what I wanted to do for my birthday. I listed off buying various clothing items, new running shoes, make-up, and a bled tec. I also mentioned it might be fun to go camping. 
Apparently a four hour road trip and kids not sleeping in their own beds sounded like more fun than shopping. 

This is coming from the man who brought my engagement ring in no more than 15 minutes. While wearing carhartt  overalls. So maybe I should not be surprised.



Anyways, we've been wanting to check out North Carolina so I found a park up there. Too far never again.  I think our road trip max is 3 hours. Not four. Four hurts. 

We did have tons of fun and were really super proud of ourselves for A.) actually doing it and B.) thinking we should do it again soon, but much much closer. 

One of the best choices we made was not doing a camp fire and just using our camp stove. Seriously, no smoke smell, no trying to keep smoke out of kids eyes, and kids out of fire. And 1000 times easier to clean. 

Bo and Tucker slept like rocks, like to the point Jordan was a little worried about Tucker. Madilyn was cold and didn't sleep well. 2 out of 3- I'll take it.  

The first day we played at the camp, drove the scenic route around some farms, and set up camp in the rain. A pretty fun day. Remember only one kid is verbal, we keep things super low key. 


The next day we were able to visit a few small farms that were participating in a sustainable Ag tour. We are always up for learning more, and seeing how differnt farms run. Mainly we learned we want to add goats, well at least baby goats. Madilyn and I were enjoying them so much I forgot to take any pictures. She held them like a puppy on her lap and licked her face, played chase, and she gave them sweet hugs. She loves calves but they are still huge compared to her, the kids were just perfect. 



My actual birthday was on a Tuesday, which is our busiest night of the week. Jordan has two hours of meetings for ward mission stuff, and I have young woman's for the last hour of his meetings. So nothing major. Lots of love from family and friends during the day. 
Mother's Day is always just a few weekends after my birthday and Jordan always does great and wonderful things with the kids that day, and I almost always enjoy it more. Plus he shops for Mother's Day. We sure have been enjoying all the things a blend tec can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...