Friday, March 27, 2015

Wide load

I'm sure my 6 readers are dying to know all about this three kid stroller we drove 2 hours for. 
Ain't she beautiful? 
After a little haggling and a crisp Benjamin she was mine. 
The baby jogger triple retails, or did when it was still manufactured for $1100, so it's a sweet deal in my book. I do still wish we had found one with front swivel wheels but this seems to still work. Just an extra arm work out. 

Jordan and I have plans to run the Great Smoky Mountian Half in September. It's a mainly uphill trail course. I am kinda guessing that if I can run with this in our very slightly hilly neighborhood then those hills should feel like cake. Or at least not like I just trained on a flat road. 
I'll let you know just how dumb of an assumption this is in September. 

Here is how the weight breaks down. 

Stroller 55lbs + madilyn 31lbs + Bo 28lbs + Tucker 19lbs = 133 POUNDS!!

Plus there is an extra five to ten pounds of stuff to keep them entertained for our very super slow 4 to 6 miles. 

My summer running plan is to wake the kids up super early and put them in and hopefully they will sleep/rest or eat breakfast. For myself I know that running in the summer time too late in the morning leads to a cranky dehydrated mom for the rest of the day. I sincerely hope my plan works out. 

I'm also following the Hanson half marathon plan if anyone cares. 

Jordan's plan includes not really training so that he doesn't beat me by too much. This will be his second untrained for half, he was top five I believe in the first one. 

Above madilyn demonstrate how I feel about that fact. 

  
And just a little bonus of Tucker not being the favorite during a little post run relaxing 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...