Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Old Friends Make the Best Friends-According to my Fortune cookie

So we loved Idaho, make no mistake of that, and maybe one day I'll most likely maybe not write it all out.  But for as much good as there was, it was hard.  One thing that was really hard was that I was lonely.  BooHOO I know, not a huge deal and if that is my biggest ordeal then life is pretty peachy.  Well... it was still hard. People there were super nice just busy with their families and the school. 

So Jordan was probably pretty tired of hearing me talk about it and got down to business. And by that I mean that he took a fast Sunday to pray for me and my wo's. Which were also his since I pretty much let him know how I'm feeling all the time. 
And me, I got a fortune cookie that said, " old friends make the best friends" and held on to that little bit of wisdom. 

One of us is a little more bound for the promise land. 

Low and behold we move back to South Carolina. My friend Kara from HS/BYU is here for the summer with her family ( she has 3 kids 4 and under, we are a site to see together at the park) She is the one who really helped me get involved in the church, I took all the discussions with her family and her brother baptized me. I really love her and her whole family. And one day I'll learn to cook like her mom, or so Jordan hopes. That's old friend number one. 

Number two is a roommate from college and great friend who lives in Atlanta, also with, almost, 3 kids. We got together a couple times last time we lived here and really looking forward to it again. She is a great mom, and amazing example to me.
 
Número  three is an old friend from our ward at BYUI. Esther is a power house of a saint that comes from an even more amazing family. She lives on the coast with her husband who is in school. She is pregnant with her first and I am 100% sure she is already a better mother than me. 
So old friends -check
Best friends - you bet my furtune cookie I'm going to try. 
Luckily for two they are in different area code so they only have to put up with my over bearing friendship sometimes.

I guess all I can say is I'm grateful for my faithful husband and Chinese take out. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...