Monday, August 24, 2015

"That girl has an opinion on everything"

During my first year at BYU-Idaho I made friends with a guy named Noah in a foundations class. We sat next to each other for the semester, hung out a few times, and even went skiing with Molly and a guy I do not remember. We saw one and other on campus over the years and were always very friendly, boring, boring, boring, I got married and he transferred to Provo.

So now like 6 years later Molly calls me to tell me has ran into him in Provo and they went on a (horrible) date.  One of the opening lines of date was... ," How is Tracie, that girl had an opinion about everything?".  I laughed at the story and told Jordan. His response, " well if that does not sum you up I'm not sure what does."

I think there is a negative connotation with being someone who forms opinions and sometimes makes the choice to share where they stand. By no means do I think it's ever kind or remotely appropriate to force your opinion on someone. There is a growing issue with that in our society today. However, I think it's vital that we know where we stand on almost any issue, or at least know how to get to a point where are can make an informed opinion. 

It's good to have opinions, it means you have a mind that thinks.  And in my opinion, he could have used a better opening line.  Just Saying.


"There is something reassuring about standing for something, and knowing what we stand for." -Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

You may not agree with me, but at the very least, you will understand that your differing opinion is wrong.
-Stephen Colbert


Unrelated baby picture/ your face after reading this pointless post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...